Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A great day is coming...


My hero since young adulthood is going to be canonized a saint in October by Pope Benedict XVI. Fr. Damien de Veuster, also known as Fr. Damien of Molokai, has been an inspiration to me for many years. I can't begin to tell you how very happy I am to know that his name will be added to the Canon of Saints!

The Roman Catholic Church in Hawaii is understandably thrilled and has posted information on his life and the canonization process:

I am planning to be in Rome on October 11th to witness this wonderful event. I have no idea how this poor missionary will get there, but I trust God will provide. Pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. Christ Is Risen!
    He is Truly Risen!
    Alleuiah!

    Hey !
    I am so happy Father Damien of Molkai is going to become a saint!
    Also,
    Blessed Jeanne Jugan
    Foundress of the Little Sisters of the Poor,
    will be cannonized on the same day, along with Father Damien.

    My good friend, Sister Mary Veronica of Jesus is a member of the order of the Little sisters of the poor,
    or in French..
    Petite Soer de Pavres..

    They care for the eldrly internationally in homes for the elderly,
    and take these vows,
    Poverty ,
    Chastity and
    obedience,
    and a fourth vow..
    Hospitality to the elderly..

    Blessed be God,
    In His Angels,
    and in His saints!

    God bless us all!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested and appreciative of your comments and thank you for taking the time. God bless you.