Monday, July 13, 2009

Now the weeding...

The planting is FINALLY done...
I know I am late. True gardeners have had their 'maters in since the end of May. Those with emerald thumbs put their annuals in after last frost. Floriculturists are watching thier gardens reach maturity in a blaze of color. My plants are still learning how to use the potty.
There were extenuating circumstances: the eighth grade trip to Cedar Point follwed by the second honeymoon in New York City smack dab in prime planting time, mainly. Not to mention hours of overtime because of that pesky H1N1 virus. Last night I filled the last patio pots, swept the driveway, put away the garden tools, and sat on the porch to survey the land. That didn't take long since I live in the city on a tiny plot of land. So I grilled a couple hot dogs, read for a bit, and went to bed. Nothing like working the land to send a man to slumber.
Here are a few of my babies...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm jealous. I'me starting from scratch at my new house, with dirt that must have blown in during the dustbowl days, and not any extra money to spend on it. I miss my gardens at my old house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you flowers, and thanks for participating in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the statue of Our Lady in your front garden. Very nice.

    I suspect that would be frowned upon in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested and appreciative of your comments and thank you for taking the time. God bless you.