Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TAGGED: I'm "it".

I've been tagged by Christopher, and far be it from me to appear aloof in the face of such generosity of spirit. And so, honoring the rules of the game, I thank thee, Sanctus Christopher, and list 10 Honest Facts about myself...
  1. I'm an old song-and-dance man: Will Parker (Oklahoma!), Nathan Detroit (Guys and Dolls), Emile de Becque(South Pacific).  Retired immediately upon graduation from high school (Good enough for little 'ol Depew, NY.  The world, not so much).  I love musical theatre.
  2. I was always the youngest in my college-days "crowd", but always perceived as the oldest.  First child syndrome.
  3. I have an irritating drive to do things perfectly.  Fail a lot.
  4. My idea of a great meal is a plate of thinly sliced prosciutto, kalamata olives, asiago cheese, ciabatta, and lest you think I'm cultured, black cherry soda.
  5. My favorite beer is Yuengling Black and Tan.  Drinks like a meal.
  6. I despise the song "Companions on the Journey" by Carey Landry.  If I hear it I get intestinal cramps, sometimes explosive.  The choir at St. Barnabas Church knows that.  They play it whenever I'm there.
  7. I am a compassionate nurse who will do whatever is necessary to alleviate suffering.  Unless it involves your feet.  Then you're on your own.
  8. Several years ago I hosted a weekly open-mic at a local coffee house. One night I listened to a punk kid with too much talent and no brain sing this song, and it has never left my mind.  He squandered his talent on drugs but I will always be grateful for this gift.
  9. I have been praying the Liturgy of the Hours since I was eighteen.  In my world of nine kids, ER craziness, and missionary life, it is the ONLY structured thing I've got.  I need it.
  10. If money were no object and I could pick up the family and move, it would be New York City.  I'm in a New York state of mind...
There you have it.  Now its your turn Lee, Nod, Michelle, and Heather.  Don't forget the rules: thank me profusely (prosciutto can be mailed), submit ten honest facts about yourself, and pass it on...

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your list! Love musical theater too! Oklahoma was first musical I saw on stage - at a high school when I was a little girl! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praised be Jesus Christ!
    Now and forever!

    Wow!
    Dave..
    You rock..

    I am seriously thinking about that
    "10 things"

    and I am posting that song on my facebook..
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of that old Pace Picante sauce commercial (you're old enough to remember) - "NEW YORK CITY?!!!" I figured being a Buffalonian (? Buffalony? Buffalite? ...), you'd have an aversion to that place.

    "Summertime" is one of my all-time favorites also, but I can't imagine a punk kid doing it... no, maybe I can now that I think really hard. Sam Cooke's version is my preference. Been one of the kids bedtime songs since day one (minnie the Moocher I found out wasn't exactly soothing).

    Thanks for partaking in the scrap. Imagine the condition of people's feet back in 33 AD...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm. Gee. Thanks for tagging me. I think.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested and appreciative of your comments and thank you for taking the time. God bless you.