Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Snippets: A Catholic Carnival

My resolution to post at the very least twice a week has been easily achieved, though I must temper myself with the reminder that the new semester begins in about a week…I am taking nine credit hours this semester, and am fully aware that my resolution will be put to the test.

This has been a week of prayer: novena prayers and reflections on the words of St. Francis de Sales as we continue to his feast day tomorrow, January 24th. This great saint is a hero of evangelization among the wayward and deceived, an evangelization of epic proportions conducted with gentility, intelligence, and devotion. What better example for us? There are two reflections I would submit today for your review; Day Three: Shame and Contrition, and Day Four: Keeping away from "Namby Pamby Land".  You are cordially invited to join the novena at any time.

Just for fun, I did submit Seven Quick Takes on Friday afternoon, the first in a while...a needed moment of levity in a week of prayer and sacrifice. 

Thanks and admiration to our hostess; my prayers to all for a good week.  I ask you all to keep those descending upon Washington D.C. for the March for Life in your prayers...including my daughter Mary and son, John Paul, that their journeys are safe and fruitful.  May the Holy Spirit use us to turn hearts to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested and appreciative of your comments and thank you for taking the time. God bless you.